The Explora (Model 3A) - replaces the DStv Explora (Model 2A) which will no longer be manufactured. It is entirely manufactured in South Africa and has all the features customers have become used to – including up to 110 hours of recording space, DStv Catch Up, BoxOffi ce and Showmax. This new model does not have a front panel display number displayed). Also different is that the decoder makes use of a mini smartcard (which is where you would normally see the channel already inserted into the decoder).
This offer is only suitable for customers that make use of their own satellite dish (if customers live in a complex and cannot use their own dish, or share a dish, this offer is not suitable for them):
- Customers will need to pay installers directly for any additional work or costs
- Customers using an installer other than a participating DStv Accredited Installer will be liable for the full installation cost
- The Instillation includes: A total of 25km travel, 80cm satellite dish and DStv Smart LNB , 25m cabling, connection of decoder to 1 TV, a 3-month warranty on workmanship and a 12-month warranty on equipment.
Installation Information :
- There is no physical voucher delivered with the decoder. The installer will use the serial number of the decoder to confirm that it was sold with installation.
- Installation can only be done by selected DStv Accredited Installers. You can find your closest one at dstv.com/InstallMe. Use of any other installer is not covered, and will require you to make full payment to the installer.
- Bookings need to be made directly with the installer.
- Installation is only valid in SA and only for installation and connection of the purchased DStv decoder (it is not transferable to another decoder or another decoder model).
- Installation requires activation of a DStv package during installation.
- Installation includes : total travel of 25km, 80cm satellite dish, Single (Universal) LNB, up to 25m cabling, connecting your new decoder to 1 TV, 3-month warranty on workmanship and 12-month warranty on equipment.
- Installation excludes connection to multiple TVs or connection to other decoders.
- Any additional costs (including costs for additional travel or work) are to be paid directly to the installer at the time of installation.
- Installation must be done within 3 years of purchase – So the deal must be taken within 3 years.
What's in the box
1 x Explora 3A Decoder
1 x A7 Remote (with batteries)
1 x HDMI cable
1 x Power supply
1 x Smartcard (already inserted in decoder)
Sign up and you will be the first to know the latest news, insider-only info, and more.